- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Basilica of St. Mary Major
- Basilica of St. John in Lateran
- Holy Stairs
- San Callisto catacombs
The tour starts in the morning with a 3-hour guided tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica. Meet your guide and journey through Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. See maps by age-old cartographers. Enter the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo Buonarroti’s miraculous frescoes, and his ceiling painting of “The Last Judgment.” Then, access St. Peter's Basilica and explore the largest church in the Catholic faith. The sacred site was built around 320 by Emperor Constantine over the tomb of the apostle Peter. Completely redesigned about 200 years later by artists such as Bramante, Michelangelo and Bernini, it is now the spiritual heart of the Christian world. Exit onto St. Peter's Square, and admire the colonnades by Bernini and look up at the vast dome of St. Peter's.
At the end of the visit you will be transferred to the restaurant for a quick lunch and then your tour will continue with a visit to the splendid Basilica of St. Mary Major, one of the four papal basilicas of Rome and the most important church dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Continuing through the Via Appia Antica up to the Catacombs of San Callixto, you will go down for a visit of about 30 minutes to learn about early Christian cemeteries and shelters.
Returning downtown to the city, admire the beautiful Basilica of St. John Lateran, the "Mater et Kaput" of all the churches of Rome and the world, surrounded by a complex including the Pontifical Lateran Palace, the Palace of the Canons, the Pontifical Roman Major Seminary and the Pontifical Lateran University.
Your last stop will be at the Holy Stairs. According to tradition, the 28 steps of the stairs are exactly the same ones that Jesus went up in Pontius Pilate's palace in Jerusalem. Brought to Rome by St. Helena in the 4th-century, they are considered so sacred that the faithfuls climb them on their knees praying. The tour will conclude near Termini area or Piazza Barberini.
- Professional monolingual live guide
- Skip the Line admission tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Skip the line access from the Museums to St. Peter's Basilica
- Transfer to the restaurant and afternoon bus tour
- Skip the Line admission tickets to the catacombs
- Hotel pick up
- Hotel drop off
- Everything that it is not specifically mentioned under "the tour includes"
- Dress code: it is not allowed to enter the churches with shorts, miniskirts or uncovered shoulders.
- In the Vatican Museums it is compulsory to deposit in the cloakroom any umbrella with a spike tip, metal objects, it is strictly forbidden to enter the Museums with any kind of weapon or oversized backpacks.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The provider is not liable for any partial or full closures of monuments due to religious celebrations, events or force majeure.
- Itinerary might be changed according to season changes or any cause beyond our control, the provider is absolved of responsibility.