Your historical tour will start with the visit of the Basilica of Saint Peter in Chains, to admire the Moses by Michelangelo at the tomb of Pope Julius II. Back in time, reliving the magnetism and grandeur of the Roman Empire you will visit the Colosseum built by Emperor Vespasian in the year 80 A.D. and inaugurated by his son Titus with more than 100 days of celebrations, during which time more than 5,000 animals were killed in the sand. You will continue taking a walk through the Via Sacra in the Roman Forum, the political, religious and social center of the capital of the empire. You will complete your visit climbing up to the Capitol Square designed by Michelangelo during the Renaissance, where the city council is located from ancient times and also the first museum in the capital. Go down the famous steps of the Capitol and end your tour in Piazza Venezia.
- Professional monolingual live guide
- Skip the Line admission tickets to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Hotel pick up and transportation
- Hotel drop off
- Everything that it is not specifically mentioned under "the tour includes"
- Please note that the Italian Ministry of Culture is offering free admission to the archaeological area the first Sunday of every month, price is reduced but long queues could be produced.
- In winter the church of St. Peter’s in chains could not be visited